KFFR Coronoavirus Pandemic Report
|Monday||9:00 am||11:00 am|
|Tuesday||9:00 am||11:00 am|
|Wednesday||9:00 am||11:00 am|
|Thursday||9:00 am||11:00 am|
|Friday||9:00 am||11:00 am|
KFFR’s daily update on the global COVID-19 pandemic, with news and information pulled from around the globe, with a focus on local impacts and responses from the Fraser Valley and Grand County, Colorado. We will be providing weekday updates on the virus, response, statistics, markets, local, regional, state, national and international news and information.
This will follow the broadcast of Democracy Now!, the award winning news program out of New York. We will also be putting local calls and local people on the air over the phone. Please tune in at 88.3FM or online. To participate or be on the air please message Steve Skinner at email@example.com.
We are in this together.
This site will keep you in the loop on new COVID modeling functionality and projections as we work to understand and fight this pandemic.
Live data made by Avi Schiffmann, a 17-year-old from just outside Seattle who set out to make a website that pulls together the latest and most accurate data about the epidemic.
- Grand County Health Department Updates: https://www.co.grand.co.us/AlertCenter.aspx
- Grand County Emergency Assistance Fund For vulnerable populations, Mountain Family Center will be accepting and administering all applications for rental/mortgage/utility assistance, food insecurities and grocery access. You can reach them at 970-557-3186. Other services needed please contact Megan Ledin at the Grand Foundation.
- Grand Foundation: Housing Assistance Funds can be found on their website
STATE AND FEDERAL BUSINESS FUNDING:
- COVD Business Bridge Loans (BEDA): Funds $5,000 or under will be made available through low interest loans Grand County Businesses who have an immediate cash flow need. For an application please email Frank Delay at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Governor Jared Polis just announced that Colorado’s application for federal disaster area designation has been approved. The SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan application is now open to business owners in all of Colorado’s 64 counties.
- More information including the application link is available here: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/.
- Note: The website and application will experience unprecedented traffic. If the page will not load, please check back at a later time.
- Colorado Small Business Development Center: Resources
- Federal Funding: Economic Injury Funding